First Aid Courses
As a minimum requirement, businesses should have an appointed person trained in First Aid, our First Aid Courses can ensure that this minimum requirement is met.
We have taken all available steps to ensure that the planning and delivery of this course is safe in line with the current COVID-19 pandemic, following government guidance. Please read our statement here
The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 require you to provide adequate and appropriate first-aid equipment, facilities and people so your employees can be given immediate help if they are injured or taken ill at work.
It is the employers’ responsibility to decide on what level of cover is required by taking into consideration the types of hazards and what level of risk they pose, thereby providing sufficient first aid facilities, supplies and people to be able to deal with any potential accidents. The size of the building, nature of the work, workers with particular health problems or disabilities and shift patterns should all be considered.
We would hope you’d take a moral perspective and provide first aid for non-employees so consider this when assessing your first aid provision. Help your customers and members of the public too.
As a minimum you must have:
- a suitably stocked first aid kit
- an appointed person to take charge of first-aid arrangements;
- information for all employees giving details of first-aid arrangements.
We provide a range of first aid training courses all of which include Scene Survey, reporting procedures, CPR,use of an AED, Secondary Survey, Recovery position, Shock.
The following courses are:
- Emergency First Aid (EFAW) 1 day course where learners will learn potentially life- saving skills for workplaces with minimum hazards and a low number of employees
- First Aid at Work (FAW) this 3 day course incorporates all of the elements of EFAW with an additional range of specific injuries and illnesses. A wider scope of practical assessments than the EFAW course.
- Paediatric First Aid. This 2 day course is essential for candidates who have children and infants in their care. Meets EYFS requirements. Learn how to manage an unresponsive child. Find out if you can use a defibrillator or not. Minor injuries and injuries and diseases that usually afflict children.
Sometimes we are asked to bespoke our First Aid Training and have been happy to oblige.
- Half day CPR update,
- Half day CPR, anaphylaxis,
- Emergency First Aid +Forestry,
- Half day First Aid for children and babies.