If you work in the leisure or hospitality industry, ensuring that food is stored, handled and prepared safely (Food Safety) should be at the forefront of everything you do. We offer a range of courses to suit the needs of you and your staff from beginner to management level.
Duell Training Associates have many years experience working in the Hospitality Industry and we will share those experiences with you. Our Food Safety courses are suitable for all levels… staff, supervisors, including managers’ Level 4 course.
If you work with food and drinks you will be required by law to have commensurate training.
Typically each course includes food hazards, contamination, personal hygiene, pests and the law.
Depending on which course you attend, additional focus includes…
- Level 2 Award for Food Safety in Catering. 1 day course including the above syllabus with microbiology and a small focus on HACCP.
- Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering. 3 day course which can be 3 consecutive days or 1 day each week. Additional focus on the role of the supervisor, monitoring, HACCP and microbiology are stronger topics and pest management. We recommend you have either taken the level 2 course or do some prior learning to help you prepare for this training.
- Level 4 Managing Food Safety in Catering. 5 day course which can be taken 1 day per week. Commitment is required for this in depth training and ideally you have achieved Level 3 training as detailed above or be in a management role. Additional pathogens, moulds, viruses etc. Produce a HACCP plan, ways to preserve food, the role of the Manager and diligence. The assessment process will be discussed throughout the course with support offered on how to record answers.
Level 2 course can be either a full or half days training. Accreditation can be arranged if that is your preference.
- Level 2 Award for Food Safety in Catering. 1 day course.
- Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering. 3 day course which can be 3 consecutive days or 1 day each week.
- Level 4 Managing Food Safety in Catering. 5 day course which can be taken 1 day per week.