Mental Health and Wellbeing
Now in the UK we are well aware of the importance of mental health and well-being and this should be regarded in the same way as we assess other hazards to employees such as Manual Handling or First Aid.
We have taken all available steps to ensure that the planning and delivery of this course is safe in line with the current COVID-19 pandemic, following government guidance. Please read our statement here
Some businesses we consult with regard the mental health of their employees as far more important.
- 1 in 4 individuals are estimated to experience mental ill health
- 15% of the workforce have symptoms of an existing mental health condition
- 300,000 individuals leave their job through poor mental health each year
In association with Highfield Awarding Organisation we offer the following accredited training courses to support businesses manage their employees’ mental ill health. Not only will this help your organisation function smoothly but simply because it’s the right thing to do. The well-being of your staff’s mental health should be incorporated into a workplaces’ Health and Safety culture.
Topics covered include – Risk factors, Stigma, mental health continuum, main types of mental ill health, protective factors and strategies to manage own mental health, sources of guidance and support.
Further outlined on the 2 day courses include – Role of the mental health first aider, Identify internal support, boundaries and expectations, How to start a conversation, ABC action plans, positive workplace cultures,
And for Managers – Legislation that supports why mental ill health should be supported, moral reasons to support well-being, well-being and productivity, recognising own risk factors.
The following courses are:
- Lv2 Award Introduction to Mental Health Awareness – 4 hrs short course
- Lv2 Award Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health – 2 days’ training
- Lv3 Award Mental Health in the Workplace for Managers – 2 days’ training